SUNY OER Services (SOS) is a shared service organization operating out of the State Uniiversity of New York’s (SUNY) Office of Library and Information Services (OLIS) who works directly with all SUNY campuses and faculty to provide assistance and knowledge to support OER adoption and sustained use as a driver of faculty choice and student success.
Services include offering a ready-to-adopt OER catalog, facilitating the seamless integration of OER into the LMS, the remixing of OER from various sources, and the offline (print) production of OER. The services and resources offered by SUNY’s OER partners are at no cost to SUNY campuses or faculty.
- User-friendly technology to support adopting, adapting, and building of OER course content
- Professional development opportunities, online and on campus
- Networking across faculty and campuses to advance open educational practices
- Support in establishing sustainable OER programs
- Guidance around opportunities for recognition, research, and publication related to OER