Blogs and wikis are just websites, but they are typically much more collaborative in design and purpose. They both provide “easy, quick” online publishing venues or writing spaces. Watch the following video or you may optionally read the transcript.
Publish Your Own Blog or Wiki
- Go to #EmTechWIKI Discover page and select a 21st-century skill, either Lifelong learning or from the 4Cs.
- Select an Objective that you would like to achieve.
- Choose Blogs and Wikis from the Category menu.
- Select a Blog or Wiki tool or resource you would like to explore.
- Create your own Blog or Wiki. The goal of your Blog or Wiki may be to:
- Express yourself or share your passions.
- Share and create content about a topic of interest to you or to others in your field.
- Extend your own voice or collaborate with others to create community.
- Reflect on your experience and write a 1 to 2 paragraph reflection and add it to your ePortfolio. Below are a few questions to consider.
- How is the Blog or Wiki that you created relevant to your life (e.g., school, work, etc.)?
- Can you see yourself referring to this resource again? If so, how?
- Self-reflection questions such as these can also help to guide your reflection.
- Embed or link your newly created blog or wiki into your portfolio.
- Add a link to the blog or wiki tool or platform that you explored into your ePortfolio reflection.
If you are enrolled in the MOOC, return to the #EmTechMOOC Coursera Discussion Forum to complete the Module you are working on.