Using video in learning stems from the idea that all humans have learning styles that are exhibited clearly through the strengths of their one or more multiple intelligences. Howard Gardner’s studies have argued that humans may display strengths in one or more of several intelligences (e.g., visual-spatial, kinesthetic, musical, interpersonal). Watch the following video or you may optionally read the transcript.
Create a Video
- Go to #EmTechWIKI Discover page and select a 21st-century skill.
- Select an Objective that you would like to achieve.
- Choose Video from the Category menu.
- Select a tool or resource you would like to explore.
- Then, create a video to tell a story or convey a message using the tool that you selected.
- Reflect on your experience and write a 1 to 2 paragraph reflection and add it to your ePortfolio. Below are a few questions to consider.
- Why did you choose the tool or resource that you did?
- What benefits does video have in comparison to communicating using more traditionl means, such as text and still images?
- How does the use of this form of media facilitate communication?
- Self-reflection questions such as these can also help to guide your reflection.
- Embed or link your newly created video into your portfolio.
- Include a link to the video tool or resource that you used to create the video into your ePortfolio reflection.
If you are enrolled in the MOOC, return to the #EmTechMOOC Coursera Discussion Forum to complete the Module you are working on.