Using video in learning stems from the idea that all humans have learning styles that are exhibited clearly through the strengths of their one or more multiple intelligences. Howard Gardner’s studies have argued that humans may display strengths in one or more of several intelligences (e.g., visual-spatial, kinesthetic, musical, interpersonal). Watch the following video or you may optionally read the transcript.
- Go to #EmTechWIKI Discover page and select a 21st-century skill.
- Select an Objective that you would like to achieve.
- Choose Video from the Category menu.
- Select a tool or resource you would like to explore.
- Then, choose one of the options below.
Option 1: Explore a Video Sharing Website
- Why did you choose the resource that you did? Can you see any features or components of the tool that would be useful if they were applied to learning and collaboration?
- Add a reflection about your discoveries into your ePortfolio.
- Link the video sharing site you have found as an artifact in your ePortfolio.
Option 2: Create a Video
- Create a video using the tool that you selected.
- How does the use of this form of media facilitate communication?
- Add an entry about your discoveries to your ePortfolio.
- Embed your video in your ePortfolio.
If you are enrolled in the MOOC, return to the #EmTechMOOC Coursera Discussion Forum to complete the Module you are working on.