Simulation includes: virtual reality, augmented reality, virtual labs, and 3D modeling/printing. These tools are useful to simulate activities that otherwise would be difficult or even impossible because of safety concerns, geographical distances, or limitations of time and space. Watch the following video or you may optionally read the transcript.
- Go to #EmTechWIKI Discover page and select a 21st-century skill, either Lifelong learning or from the 4Cs.
- Select an Objective that you would like to achieve.
- Choose Simulations from the Category menu.
- Select a tool or resource you would like to explore.
- Create an account, if appropraite, and interact with the simulated experience.
- Reflect on your experience and write a 1 to 2 paragraph reflection and add it to your ePortfolio. Below are a few questions to consider.
- How might this kind of technology impact your life (e.g., school, work, etc.)?
- Do you see yourself being able to use this technology in your career or in your personal life, either now or in the future?
- Are there advantages or disadvantages of the tool you explored?
- Self-reflection questions such as these can also help to guide your reflection.
- Add a photo or take a screenshot of the technology that you explored. Embed this image into your ePortfolio.
- Include a link to the technology that you explored into your ePortfolio reflection.
If you are enrolled in the MOOC, return to the #EmTechMOOC Coursera Discussion Forum to complete the Module you are working on.