Finding, experimenting with, and evaluating new technologies are essential 21st-century skills. As part of this evaluation, users must decide whether a tool meets their needs for creating, organizing, communicating, and/or problem-solving. Watch the following video or you may optionally read the transcript.
- Go to #EmTechWIKI Discover page and select a 21st-century skill, either Lifelong learning or from the 4Cs.
- Select an Objective that you would like to achieve.
- Choose Productivity Tools from the Category menu.
- Select a tool or resource you would like to explore.
- Create an account for the presentation tool that you selected and create an artifact. This could include the creation of a document, poll, survey, website, calendar, or any other item that enhances your productivity.
- Reflect on your experience and write a 1 to 2 paragraph reflection and add it to your ePortfolio. Below are a few questions to consider.
- How does this impact your life (e.g., school, work, etc.)?
- Were there advantages or disadvantages to using the tool?
- Can you see yourself using this tool again, and if so, how?
- Self-reflection questions such as these can also help to guide your reflection.
- Embed or link your presentation into your portfolio.
- Include a link to the website of the productivity tool or resource that you explored into your ePortfolio reflection. If you prefer to not publically share the item you developed, upload an image to your ePortfolio with your personal details blurred or blocked out.
If you are enrolled in the MOOC, return to the #EmTechMOOC Coursera Discussion Forum to complete the Module you are working on.