Collaborative spaces are all about developing community. These tools create spaces to interact, exchange ideas, and connect. These tools can bring people together regardless of geographical location, age, race, gender, physical ability, or any of the other ways that we might differ or separate. Watch the following video or you may optionally read the transcript.
Have a Virtual Meeting With a Peer or Colleague
- Go to #EmTechWIKI Discover page and select a 21st-century skill, either Lifelong learning or from the 4Cs.
- Select an Objective that you would like to achieve.
- Choose Collaborative Spaces from the Category menu.
- Select a tool or resource you would like to explore.
- Using the tool that you selected, hold a virtual meeting with at least one other person. Collaborate with another person or develop a co-authored resource using the tool that you selected to explore in this exercise. Become familiar with the features available.
- Reflect on your experience and write a 1 to 2 paragraph reflection and add it to your ePortfolio. Below are a few questions to consider.
- How might virtual meetings impact your life (e.g., school, work, etc.)?
- How could you use this tool to collaborate with others?
- In what ways are virtual meetings beneficial?
- Are there any ways that this type of meeting might hinder communication?
- Self-reflection questions such as these can also help to guide your reflection.
- Embed or link the item that you collaborated on as an artifact in your ePortfolio. If this is not a suitible option, you can instead take a screenshot of the meeting or collaborative activity.
- Include a link to the collaborative tool or resoruce that you explored into your ePortfolio reflection.
If you are enrolled in the MOOC, return to the #EmTechMOOC Coursera Discussion Forum to complete the Module you are working on.