Voice reveals tone, inflection, and emphasis. It personalizes communication and can be a powerful tool. There are many ways you can include audio content in both face-to-face and online courses. Voice reveals tone, inflection, and emphasis. It personalizes communication and can be a powerful tool. There are many ways you can include audio content in both face-to-face and online courses. Watch the following video or you may optionally read the transcript.
- Go to #EmTechWIKI Discover page and select a 21st-century skill.
- Select an Objective that you would like to achieve.
- Choose Audio from the Category menu.
- Select a tool or resource you would like to explore.
- Then, choose one of the options below.
Option 1: Explore Audio
- Reflect on what you liked or disliked about the tool or resource that you selected. Why did you choose the tool that you did? Can you see any features or components of the audio tool that would be useful when applied to your life (e.g., school, work, etc.)? Enter your reflection into your ePortfolio.
- Link to the tool or resource that you explored in your reflection.
Option 2: Create Audio
- Using the tool or resource that you selected, create an artifact showcasing what you have learned.
- Reflect on how you might successfully incorporate audio materials into your life (e.g., school, work, etc.). How does the use of these tools increase collaboration between individuals?
- Embed or link the audio file that you created in your ePortfolio.
Option 3: Create a Personalized Solution
- Think outside the box and create an artifact that relates to the tool or resource that you selected that meets your individual needs and objectives.
- Share and embed the artifact in your ePortfolio.
- Add a personal reflection that addresses the learning objectives that are important to you.
- Refer to these self-reflective questions to help you think about your learning and discoveries.
- Embed the item that you created in your ePortfolio.
If you are enrolled in the MOOC, return to the #EmTechMOOC Coursera Discussion Forum to complete the Module you are working on.