Voice reveals tone, inflection, and emphasis. It personalizes communication and can be a powerful tool. There are many ways you can include audio content in both face-to-face and online courses. Voice reveals tone, inflection, and emphasis. It personalizes communication and can be a powerful tool. There are many ways you can include audio content in both face-to-face and online courses. Watch the following video or you may optionally read the transcript.
- Go to #EmTechWIKI Discover page and select a 21st-century skill, either Lifelong learning or from the 4Cs.
- Select an Objective that you would like to achieve.
- Choose Audio from the Category menu.
- Select a tool or resource you would like to explore.
- Using the tool or resource that you selected, create an artifact that incorporates audio to showcase what you have learned.
- Reflect on your experience and write a 1 to 2 paragraph reflection and add it to your ePortfolio. Below are a few questions to consider.
- Do you see yourself being able to use this type of technology in your career or in your personal life either now or in the future?
- Are there advantages or disadvantages to using audio as compared to text to communicate?
- Why did you choose the tool that you did?
- Self-reflection questions such as these can also help to guide your reflection.
- Embed or link your newly created audio file into your portfolio.
- Include a link to the audio tool or resource that you explored into your ePortfolio reflection.
If you are enrolled in the MOOC, return to the #EmTechMOOC Coursera Discussion Forum to complete the Module you are working on.