The State University of New York (SUNY) Exploring Emerging Technologies for Lifelong Learning and Success (#EmTechMOOC) is an online learning opportunity targeted to college students, faculty, current and career-seeking professionals, and anyone from across the globe with a desire to learn how to use emerging technologies to succeed in today’s rapidly changing world.
The project’s goals are to help learners:
- identify the value and implications of using established and emerging technology tools for personal and professional growth;
- and gain strategies to develop lifelong learning habits to keep pace with technology change.
- Establish lifelong learning habits to develop self-direction, agency, and a growth mindset.
- Enhance 21st-century skills: Communication, Collaboration, Creativity, & Critical Thinking.
- Describe why it is important to be a digitally literate citizen.
- Evaluate your digital footprint and portray a professional online identity.
- Practice safe and secure habits to protect yourself in digital environments.
- Locate and evaluate information using basic and advanced search strategies.
- Analyze & evaluate information to identify truthful, unbiased points of view.
- Demonstrate media literacy through the effective use of media creation tools.
- Apply Creative Commons guidelines to ethically use text and media.
- Apply accessibility principles and strategies to achieve digital equity.
- Evaluate the quality and applicability of established and emerging technologies.
- Create an ePortfolio or journal and reflect on your evolving learning journey.
EmTech consists of two associated parts; #EmTechMOOC and EmTechWIKI.
EmTech has been developed through a collaboration among students, faculty, and staff from many SUNY campuses. Support is provided through the University at Buffalo, Binghamton University, and the SUNY Center for Professional Development. Funding has been provided through the following grant awards:
- SUNY Innovative Instruction Technology Grant (IITG);
- University at Buffalo Professional Pathways Grant, and;
- National Education Association (NEA) – Learning and Leadership Grant.
Follow #EmTechMOOC on Social Media
#EmTechMOOC is our social media hashtag. A hashtag is a term used within social media messages to identify keywords or topics to categorize and track related information. Follow us on social media.